At City & County Credit Union, we believe in being a part of something bigger than ourselves. We are improving more than just our members’ financial lives. We go beyond financial transactions by seeking ways to educate, invest and support our community.
We believe in people over profits and consistently listen to the needs of our community. We find ways that we can serve beyond products and accounts.
Youth Financial Empowerment
At City & County, we believe it is never to early to start saving and learning about important money topics. To encourage our youngest members to start saving, we enroll them in our Kid's Club when they open their first account. In Kid's Club, our youngest members receive a birthday gift, savings coupons and invitations to exclusive events.
In addition to Kid's Club, our youth members can participate in Money on the Bookshelf. This is a free financial literacy program at our Eagan, Lake Elmo, Maplewood, Shoreview and Woodbury Branches that inspires children to learn more about the basics of money by reading money-themed books. After reading five books from our bookshelf, they are rewarded with a $5 City & County coupon. This can be deposited into their savings account or used to buy City & County goodies.
Financial Education Services
From opening a checking account to buying your dream house, we aim to provide financial education resources for every step in life. City & County partners with a host of community programs to provide free, hands-on financial education classes. Topics range from budgeting to credit scores to home buying. To view our current schedule, visit our Classes & Events page.
Can't make it to our class? No worries - log in to our Financial Fitness Center to learn about money topics at your own pace and on your own time. Our free Fitness Center features 25 interactive modules on topics such as retirement, buying a car and protecting your identity.
Going beyond monetary donations, we give back to our community by spending time volunteering with a host of charitable organizations.
Every year City & County team members join together to participate in Impact Day. This day is devoted to giving back to the community by partnering with local non-profits who serve the communities in which we live & work. This year, City & County held the 5th annual Impact Day in October. 72 employees + 11 City & County Rising Stars volunteered, 644 total hours were spent volunteering and 13 organizations were impacted.
This year our team completed the following:
- Meal kits were created and prepped for families at the Open Door Pantry
- Food was sorted & organized at Second Harvest Heartland
- Decorations were made for the Children’s Performing Arts Center Annual Gala
- After school care rooms were sorted & organized for Maple Pond Homes
- 157 winter kits & 109 cards were made for Gifts for Seniors
- Gardening, weeding and organization all took place for the Center for Aging Adults
- Cat toys were made & donation organizing happened at the Feline Rescue
- Beautifying the grounds including weeding, lawn mowing, & more happened at Crescent Cove & Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery
- Breakfast clean up and lunch food was prepped at the House of Charity
- Cards were made at Gilda’s Club Twin Cities
- 375 winter warm up kits were made for Kids in Need Minnesota in partnership with HandsOn Twin Cities
For more information on City & County's community involvement, reach out to email@example.com